We're Hiring Now!
Join our growing team and learn to make our delicious vegan and gluten free pierogi! We are looking for someone reliable, eager, and dedicated to help in our expanding pierogi production. We are a woman-owned, BC food processing business that makes allergy friendly, delicious foods like our well-loved pierogi!
As a Food Processing Labourer, you will be working a flexible Casual or Part Time schedule which could range from 1-2 shifts per week between Monday to Friday. We are very flexible to work within your schedule! You will be paid $17-19 per hour depending on experience. This job is fully in the kitchen helping with production and packaging of pierogi and other retail products.
Apply now and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
Some of the work you will be doing:
- Preparing, producing, and packaging pierogi manually and with specialized equipment.
- Maintaining a clean kitchen, cleaning all dishes, equipment and work areas, and following sanitation plans.
- Assisting with inventory management, including counting, writing, and computer data entry.
Experience you bring:
- Valid Food Safe Level 1 certificate required.
- 1 year of kitchen/cooking experience is an asset, but we will train anyone without experience
- Able to do repetitive tasks with speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Willing to take direction and learn from others.
- Comfortable speaking with customers to sell and promote products.
- Show initiative and improve efficiency of work over time.
- Days and hours are flexible to fit your schedule and will vary from 1-2 days per week depending on production needs. All hours are between Monday to Friday.
- Long periods of standing (we provide anti-fatigue mats to help!)
- Some heavy lifting up to 25kg bags of flour.
- Wage range of $17.00-$19.00 per hour based on experience and skill.
- An exclusive employee discount on all MKK products.